Thursday, August 22, 2019

National Rainbow Baby Day!!

A day to celebrate, a day to reflect and a day to grieve together. National Rainbow Baby Day, this day is a day for families to celebrate their babies on earth and to honor the ones that are waiting for them in the great beyond. 

This subject is a sensitive one for me. As I am sure is the case for anyone who has ever lost a baby.
For those of you who have no idea what a rainbow baby is, let me bring you up to speed. A Rainbow Baby is the birth of a baby that comes after the miscarriage, stillbirth or loss of an infant from natural causes. I have had to say goodbye to a child before I even got to meet that child, and I have a rainbow baby. And in February next year we will welcome our second Rainbow Baby. So today my heart breaks and rejoices all at once. I will always long to hold the baby I did not get to. I wonder who he or she would be today. But then I rejoice and trust in God. I celebrate my sweet and chaotic four year old little boy, the baby I get to hold and sing to. Today I remember that it is a day for me to look back and thank god for this precious gift he has trusted me with. The one that will join our family.

So today is a day of remembrance, and joyous celebration. To remind ourselves that we have a precious angel above us and ones here with us! Tonight as you Kiss your babies goodnight hold them tight and say a prayer for the babies that came before. 




6 comments:

  1. I have a rainbow baby. He is 8 years old now! It is such a difficult thing to think about for too long. I can't imagine being without my rainbow baby son, but I miss and long for the one that waits for me in Heaven. And thinking about the fact that if I had that baby with me, I wouldn't have my son. It still makes me teary-eyed to this day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really a nice article to share. Thanks for this girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful article. It's a day that's full of so many conflicting emotions for many - grief from those that they have lost and happiness/joy in the blessings that they have in their lives now. I think it's so important to recognize that ALL those feelings are valid and real, and it's totally okay to feel whatever emotions you personally feel in relation to it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep this in mind every August, as I know so many people who have rainbow babies. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing blog and best selection of words totally informative for every one thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats amazing blog!The totally informative for every one.Thanks for sharing this post.

    ReplyDelete