Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Lets Get Physical....With Self Care

Good evening readers, I am a bit behind in my Self Care blogs, but that is a really good excuse! My family welcomed in our newest member on the 20th and he is just so precious! I am so in love and over the moon. However the challenges of adding another little one to our family has brought about Self Care.

Tonight I chose Physical Self Care to write about because I am finding myself struggling with this one lately.  This weighs in on Mental self care because even something as simple as drinking enough water can change how your body and hormones react.

Physical Self care involves the routine of maintaining physical self care such as diet and exercise and how it will help to maintain a better mental state!

First lets start with basics. As always I am not a doctor, I am not a psychologist and I recommend while taking these routines into play that you need to seek professional help if you are struggling with any mental issue! Remember there is NO SHAME in asking for help!


  • Drink More water.
    • we have always heard we should drink 8- 8 oz glasses of water daily. However more lately I have heard and from what my doctor has told me is that you need to drink water according to your body weight. I am including a helpful chart so that you may be able to start getting closer to your target water intake!
  • Eat and Maintain a well Balanced Diet. 
    • This means less crud like bread and pasta ( I know they are so good). More of the greens, veggies and fruits. Proteins too! Find a diet that is best for you and stick with it! 
    • cut the sweets out. dont eliminate all together if you do choose to indulge BUT do so wisely. Do not over do it! 
    • Diet is a huge thing I really struggle with so start small if this is the issue. start by one healthy meal and one healthy snack and then over time add more!  
  • Get more Sunshine and Exercise!
    • you will be honestly be surprised and how much this alone will boost your overall mood and attitude. 
    • Go for a hike or a walk in nature! Mountains and trees or down by the sea. Nature is very relaxing and often times peaceful enough so that you can unwind. 
    • yoga, and meditation 
  • Exhaust yourself physically and catch a solid night of sleep. 
    • If you have to run a mile run a mile
    • do yard work or something that will require a lot of physical energy. 
      • do not take a nap keep yourself going. if you do this you will sleep better at bed time.
    • Set a solid sleep routine. this means go to bed every night at the same time and wake up at the same time. 
  • If you are like me and work in an office type setting where you do not find yourself getting much exercise stand up and walk in place for  minutes throughout your day.
  • you can also do things like get yourself a hair cut, do your makeup, or even just dress up. 
    • No you do not have to have a reason to dress up! dress up for you! 
Just doing these things is enough to help maintain the physical aspect of self care. change it up and you will be surprised at how your mood changes! 


Tell me what you do to maintain your physical self care?? Tell me below in the comments!! 

33 comments:


  1. It is always interesting to note that such simple advice actually hides the truth and beauty of life. A healthier and more relaxed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this is so true! I think we all need a simpler way! If we find ourself doing such simple things life both mentally and physically better!!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your new bundle of joy! Selfcare is so important, everyone should take time out for themselves to make sure they don't burn themselves out. Great tips and info.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post. The first thought that popped into my head when I saw your post was Olivia Newton-Johns song "physical." :) I know I've spent way too much time indoors over the winter and long for both sunshine and physical activity from working in my garden. Nothing feels better than being physical exhausted...from either working in my garden, or hiking in the woods...like hubby and I did this past Sunday. 7 miles of climbing hills, etc. We slept phenominally well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do all of these things so I am feeling pretty good about myself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Selfcare is my my new motto for 2020...I need to take a lot more care of myself, I need to.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Self care is so important! I read for mine and I do try to jog around the neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been working on all of these. A healthy body feels better to me

    ReplyDelete
  9. The number one thing is always drink more water and yet I never do. I just love my diet coke. As for the pasta and bread (and french fries for me), I actually just hit a day that I felt like I had enough. So now I just naturally gravitate towards more protein, fruits, and veggies. Now if I could just gravitate towards more water, lol.
    Oh, and congratulations!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Will definitely try to implement self care this year. it is one of my goals

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've always make sure to drink plenty of water and get some good night sleep

    ReplyDelete

  12. Never as in recent years have I understood how important it was to take care of me and not out of vanity but because it is an act of love for ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Some very helpful tips indeed! A good nights sleep and reading helps me out a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These last few years I've been working like crazy on self-care. I started with mentally and emotionally. This year it's all about physically.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are all great advice that i have started to practice at the beginning of the year. I drink more and exercise more which really improved my mood and body.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great tips! Self care always starts with the basics: exercise, drinking water, rest, and etc. I try to follow what you said above as even though I work with kids, I am stuck in a building all day long.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can't wait until the weather gets warmer so I can go for walks again. I really need to tend to my physical health.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really need to do more of the exhausting myself physically. It would help me quite a bit healthwise for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I need to try some of these tips. I need to get better at dressing up for me

    ReplyDelete
  20. Since the pandemic, I haven't been able to get out and run as much as I used to. I am feeling it mentally. I am going to focus on strength training inside until I can get out again!

    ReplyDelete
  21. these are all great tips for taking care of one's self. it's true you can't give something you don't have. just like in airplanes during flight where we are being reminded during emergencies to wear first our own mask before we help others. love this post!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Excellent post! It's important that we all do our best to remember self care at the moment.
    Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Self care is important at all times but at the time of crisis it becomes paramount that we take care of ourselves first and then help the others in need. Thank you for reminding this to us.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Right now I am working on continuing to keep my body healthy by continuing to put healthy foods in my body and continuing to work out.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Exercising is such a mood booster and so good for the body as well! Remembering to drink water is hard sometimes but essential!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Even though it seems simple, this is what we need to hear everyday as we forgot it! Thanks for the advice!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I've resolved to walk more this year. There's nothing like sunshine and fresh air to combat viruses!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I need to drink more water! I think this will help me feel better

    ReplyDelete
  29. My biggest downfall is not drinking enough water. I am constantly working on that.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I really need to be better about my self care. I need to drink more water and eat better especially!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Self care is very important! Gotta put yourself first sometimes

    ReplyDelete
  32. Working Out has really helped our self care! We love staying active.

    ReplyDelete