Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Self Care and mental health

Hello Readers!

So today I want to address something that has been weighing heavily on my mind. Mental health and self care. As some of you know me and D2 are expecting. I am down to the last two three weeks of pregnancy and I have really been struggling the last nine months with mental health. Anxiety is always been one of my weaknesses but with being pregnant more than ever.

So I have been thinking on this post and really sitting on ways to help boost mental health care and how it ties in heavily with self care. There are several types of self care it is not just a spa day. In this post I wanted to cover the basics on each category of self care and then in following posts I want to cover different activities and things you can do to take care of yourself and hopefully get into a better mental state.

Now I am not a doctor and I am not a psychologist and I do encourage you to seek the proper mental health care. Rather it be your primary care or a therapist there is no shame in it. I see a counselor. I actively and openly talk about my mental state because over the years I have learned if I don't the results can be detrimental. So always seek a professionals help! This post is solely for the purposes to help you find some mental clarity!

There are eight self care categories.

3.  Physical
4. Sensory
5. Social 
6. Spiritual
7. Practical
8. Pampering Yourself - This one is kind of spread out in all Categories. There are several ways to pamper yourself.

This year brings us a new decade, so with that we really need to learn to start caring for ourselves....We spend so much time worrying about and stressing about everyone else that we really need to just stop and say

HEY I NEED TO FOCUS ON ME!!!

and it is really okay to do it!!

Start your Mental self care by using this helpful 30 day challenge

15 comments:

  1. I found the topic about mental health very important. We need to care for ourselves not just fiscally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a mental health professional, thank you for being so candid and actively working to decrease stigma surrounding mental health. Mental health isn't just mental ill-health but also positive mental health. Practicing a sound self-care plan helps to increase positive mental wellbeing! Cannot wait to hear more about your 30 day self-care journey

    ReplyDelete

  3. In my opinion, too little importance is given to sanity which, as much as physical health, affects our life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a good challenge. I think that everyone could benefit from self care

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent post! Self care is so, so important when it comes to our mental and physical well being.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the 30-day self care challenge! This is all very important. I am going to be doing this one! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A few years ago my word for the year was self-care and it was such a great year for me. I love the idea of doing a self-care challenge! Thanks so much for sharing this with all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mental self care is inspiring idea for one's physical and emotional well being.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need time to myself for self-care, especially after a stressful day at work. I need time to unwind in quiet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mental health is so important for our well being, sometimes I feel like it’s been neglected a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I guess not too many people are paying attention in this. If you will look at it deeper, it is very important. I like your purpose for posting this

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds like a great way to recharge and improve your selfcare needs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your Affiliate Money Printing Machine is ready -

    And getting it set up is as easy as 1 . 2 . 3!

    It's super easy how it works...

    STEP 1. Input into the system what affiliate products you want to promote
    STEP 2. Add some PUSH button traffic (this LITERALLY takes 2 minutes)
    STEP 3. See how the system grow your list and up-sell your affiliate products all by itself!

    Are you ready to start making money???

    Click here to start running the system

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's incredibly important to take care of our health right now. Especially our mental health!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mental/physically health is very important, I think writing can be very helpful so it is great that you are getting these posts up.

    ReplyDelete