Thursday, October 29, 2020

What a challenge

2020 has brought so much change to our lives that where do we even begin? Here we are ten months in to the year, with only two left to go and I think I can safely say as each month passes we are all riding on the edge of our seats. Between the Pandemic, The election, Social Movements and even killer hornets- are we still talking about this or is that over?

Many thanks to this year, while it has been challenging, I have been trying to see the beauty in all of it. So just a little blurb about all of the beauty in my year this far! 

If you have been following my blog, you will know back in February, my husband and I welcomed our second son! He is now eight months old and growing so quickly! He started crawling and pulling himself up at five months. He is cutting his first two bottom teeth as well. He said Mama at six months. He is just so precious. 

Then there is the oldest boy child, we decided to home school. That was rough to start. But now we are over a month in and he is doing well! In fact he is testing at the top of his classes! We have a groove and it works well! He lost his very first tooth and between July and August he shot up four inches!!

Back in march we traveled to Arizona ( Oh i know the tragedy we traveled during the pandemic with a newborn) but well we had a newborn and my entire family was there who had yet to meet him. We also celebrated my grandparents 50th Wedding Anniversary. Which in todays world that is a beautiful thing. and more lately than not my family has needed beautiful things like births and 50th anniversaries to celebrate! So check your judgements! Then in June some of that same family came here! 

In August My husbands Family had a family reunion, so we spent five days camping with our family making this the first camping trip for our littlest one! 

There was a change in ownership with the company I work with, so I stepped back from management, going from 60+ hours a week to less than 20 ( also thanks to help from Corona!) Which that in itself has been a huge blessing! As crazy as my kids drive me. I forgot how much I am missing with my babies. So I have been home for so much this year!! 

So as this year comes to a close, why don't we put aside the chaos and challenges, and try to see the beauty in it all!

2 comments:

  1. I agree, this last year has been a crazy ride. Your celebration moments are beautiful, times are tough and home schooling can be hard but you've got this mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Camping is always fun to do, it sounds like you've had a lot of positive things happen last year.

    ReplyDelete