Saturday, June 9, 2018

BookRoo


We all know reading to our kids is vital! Reading to our kids has been proven to stimulate their imagination, expand their understanding of the world around them. It helps them to learn language and listening skills. But reading with your kids goes beyond learning. Sitting down with your kids gives you bonding time. This is a time when you stop your crazy day, you curl up together and you read. I love this time with my son. He is at that age right now where he does not sit still for to long, he wants to turn all the pages before I am done reading the first 3 sentences and he wants me to tell him what everything on the page is. However that is okay. He is learning and I am teaching him. Being a former Pre K teacher, this is one thing I love. I am taking my passion of teaching and I get to do it with my baby boy!

With Bookroo you get to invest in your kids! Bookroo Works with twelve families that reside on Stanford Universities Campus, where at least one of the spouses is pursuing a graduate degree and of course they must be parents. With the help of twenty-two kids ages ranging from zero to five years old, these parents and children provide feedback on each book they are provided with. Each book is vetted to insure that it is perfect for your little reader!

When Bookroo agreed to do a review with me I was super excited. The small human was even more excited when we got it! Each book was individually wrapped in adorable wrapping paper, so it was like christmas and he was super excited about that! He got two books, Wally does not want a hair cut and the Red Boat.

Wally Does Not Want A Haircut by Amanda Driscoll, is about a ewe who is afraid to get his hair cut! Let me tell you, this was a great read because getting a certain young mans hair cut is usually a nightmare. Mostly in part because we use an electric razor and I am almost 100% sure its the sound. This book is about facing your fears and how everyone around you can help to overcome those fears.

The Red Boat by Hannah Cumming is about a young girl that moves to a new home. I think that no matter what age you are, moving can be terrifying. I know that all too well.  A year ago me and D2 made the life changing choice to move to Idaho so that we could be closer to our daughters. For D2 this was almost nothing, he would be moving back to his home town. for me this was terrifying. I was moving 1400 miles away from my ENTIRE family and my friends. Even to this day it is rough. I am however learning to overcome and adapt. Just like Posey and her dog George. This book is like the first, where you must learn to overcome your fears. When you do this you will find it gets easier! This book also encourages imagination and play.

I loved both of the books, but Mr Mans favorite is the red boat. I read it to him and then he made daddy read it to him a little bit later!

After having this experience we will most certainly be doing a subscription! When you get the subscription you can choose between two and three books to be delivered, depending upon age. You can choose from Board Books, which comes with three books for ages zero to three. Picture books which come with two books ages two to six and chapter books that will come with two books for ages seven to ten! You may purchase this for your kids or as a gift!

I love the idea of a book subscription as a gift! This would make an excellent baby shower gift or first birthday gift! When I had my baby shower for mr. Man I asked for books in lieu of cards. I have noticed this is becoming more and more of a trend! This would make the perfect gift for any little one in your life!


** Bookroo did provide this box free of charge for me to facilitate this review. This does not in any influence my opinion. These are my true and honest opinion.**


15 comments:

  1. I will have to check into this! My little ones love books! its routine for me to read a book to one kiddo and my husband reads to the other one. we alternate kids each night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a great book for little ones, I can imagine I would have adored it as a child as I loved reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very cool idea. I can imagine it's hard for busy moms to make it to the library or book store, so this could be a big help!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a great book for the small ones.. Kids loves lilisteningto good stories. .

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds amazing! Books are the best, and I always want my kids to have tons. I'll check this out for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks really cool. I love books and feel like they make the best gifts. My kids loved them and now my g-kids love them as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My mom read to me all the time when I was little and now I love to read as an adult! Book subscriptions are such a fun idea and I love your idea of getting books instead of cards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have used Bookroo several times and love it! A great subscription for my daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bookaroo looks just like Winnie the Pooh's Roo! Such a cute concept I would love for my future children to be apart of this subscription service.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is amazing and would make things so much easier!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved when I could read to my babies, they used to love it as well! Now they're all "big-girls." This post brings me back. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Our boys love subscription book clubs. Bookroo sounds like the ideal one for the littles.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds great for getting little ones to read. My daughter is 13 now and there was never really anything around like this when she was younger

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bookroo sounds fun. I love reading and I hope I can influence my child (when we do have one) to become a reader and enjoy it too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds good to me. These sure are good reads for my kids too. Sometimes when I try to teach them moral lessons on how to deal with life, I try to make up some stories. And this would make my life a lot easier.

    ReplyDelete