Tuesday, June 19, 2018

June's Aroma Box


June's Aroma Box came and I am super Excited! It is dubbed the Communicator! I have got to say Herb Stop is keeping me on my toes with each box I get! This month in the box I had not one but two oils that I had no idea what they where, but what I could use them for. So much so that I had to make a call to Natalie down at Herb stop and get the skinny on them! 


This month brought Caraway, Lemon Verbena ( not to be confused with lemon) Peppermint and The communicator roll on.

I am going to start with peppermint. Peppermint is frequently used in my house. I use it in my diffuser, I use it in a roll on for headaches, It works great when you are sick, for  a soak in the tub. Pretty much if you think of it, peppermint is very Versatile. Peppermint from Herb Stop does have a food chemical codex which means you can ingest a small amount of it! When I was pregnant I was sick for 34 of my 37 week pregnancy. So Peppermint tea was my go to when I was pregnant. I drank peppermint tea from starbucks when I was pregnant. 

** HOWEVER PLEASE NOTE** I DID NOT INGEST PEPPERMINT ESSENTIAL OILS WHILE PREGNANT. PLEASE SEEK THE PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL OPINION OF YOUR DOCTOR IF YOU ARE PREGNANT, NURSING OR BEFORE GIVING THIS TO YOUR CHILDREN!!

 Headache away blend
πŸ’œ 5 drops of Lavender
πŸ’œ 5 drops of Peppermint
πŸ’œ 2- 3 drops of eucalyptus 
Blend with a carried oil of your choice
 apply a small amount to the 
πŸ’œtemples of your forehead (careful to not get it to close to your eyes) 
πŸ’œ The nape of your neck and behind your ears


So Caraway, did you know this could even be an oil ?? This is where Herb stop really got me. It even has a food chemical codex... so WHAT IN THE HECK DO YOU DO WITH CARAWAY?? Caraway is really good for digestion. With origins in Egypt, The seed of the Caraway is steam distilled to get Caraway essential oil can be used  for many things like laryngitis and as a digestive aid, such as a tummy rub.  Use it to treat indigestion, and gas. Oh and ladies you will love this one it can even be used for menstrual cramping.


Digestive Aid Blend
πŸ’œ 5 drops of caraway 
πŸ’œ4 table spoons of a carrier oil
πŸ’œ a container to store it in ( I recommend an amber bottle or a cobalt blue bottle with a dropper so you can easily apply.)
πŸ’œ apply to your tummy area when needed.

With a suggestion by Natalie I made a toothpaste. I am always up for going as natural as possible and this I have to say cuts it pretty close. 
What you need 
πŸ’œ Baking soda
πŸ’œ Coconut oil
πŸ’œ Peppermint oil
πŸ’œ Equal Parts Baking Soda and Coconut oil
-I used 4 Tablespoons of each. Before mixing the two together make sure the coconut oil is melted. This will make it easier to mix. 
πŸ’œ5 drops of caraway 
πŸ’œ 5 drops of peppermint
Mix together and store in a container. 

 ** HOWEVER PLEASE NOTE** JUST BECAUSE THIS HAS A FOOD CHEMICAL CODEX DOES NOT MEAN YOU SHOULD INGEST THIS WITHOUT CONSULTING YOUR DOCTORS FIRST! I AM NOT A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL AND I AM NOT GIVING MEDICAL ADVICE. IF APPLYING TOPICALLY THIS MAY IRRITATE SENSITIVE SKIN. DO NOT APPLY UNDILUTED

Lemon Verbena (pronounced Ver Bean Uh). This has to be my favorite oil this month. Lets get real for a minute here. I want to talk about Mental health, anxiety and depression. I know that an oil can not cure these things, however if it helps to ease some of these things in life I am in... I have anxiety and while I know others who battle anxiety and depression much worse than I do, I still deal with it. Sometimes my anxiety attacks come in the form of hard to breath, panic attacks right away...However more often I find my anxiety takes form in over thinking and I find myself spiraling down the paths of What ifs and before I know it I have convinced myself of things that will never happen and then the panic attacks take place. Normally I use the 5-4-3-2-1 coping method. I have started wearing Lemon Verbena on my Diffuser Bracelet  over the last week and I have found myself just a little less anxious.
 I decided to use this one in a sleep mask. for those of you that are super into sewing this will be your type of project.  I cant give you detailed instructions on how to do this, because well to be honest I am not sure how I even put this together. I hand stitched it. I can tell you the materials I used. 
You will need :
πŸ’œ1/2 yard of cotton fabric
πŸ’œsome elastic for the back side of the band 
πŸ’œ1/4 cup of rice
πŸ’œA funnel with a large enough opening to allow rice to pour through. 
πŸ’œLavender Essential Oil 

Sew together your face mask making sure to leave a small opening that will fit the funnel. 
after you sew up your Face mask how you want it you will mix up the rice with 10-20 drops of each oil, If you don't want it to smell super strong I suggest 10 of each oil. I used 15 peppermint 20 lemon 10 lavender if you are not sure what you want Play with it and start by adding 5 of each, and then if you want more add more!!
once you have it all mixed up, place the funnel in the small opening and pour your rice mix in. Sew up the remaining hole and TADA! you have an overnight sleep mask.

Last but never the least the communicator roll on!
with hints of Cedarwood and Lavender as well as a few others this has a calming scent. This one helps me ground my thoughts so that I can focus on what I am trying to express. I keep this one in my purse to have on me at all times.


So what are you waiting for go get your box now! 





16 comments:

  1. Ohh! The digestive aid blend is RIGHT up my alley for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful box. SO many great thing there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love using essential oils as home scents and for making cleaners. This is a great box

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have heard so much about essential oils. I sounds like they work well for a lot of people.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't you just love monthly boxes? !I feel like it's Christmas every month! My friend introduced me to oils.At first I really didn't believe in them until I got a headache and she have me one that I rubbed in my temples and it really worked!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is amazing all these monthly subscription options, how great is this to have essential oils arrive at your door monthly to try. I like your option for the homemade face mask.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a great idea to have all the essential oils in one box. Thanks for sharing this great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the idea of making a sleep mask to enjoy these scents so thanks for the idea & instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This seems like a fun box! I love essential oils.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the ideas. It's a great idea to have all the essential oils in one box. Thanks for sharing the ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing box, what a great idea, I love peppermint scents and tea too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This aroma box can be a great gift. I think my wife will definitely love to have one of these.

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh such an awesome box set !!!! and an ideal idea of essential oils :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This box is filled with great goodies. The digestive air blend is so different. The essential oils are great.

    ReplyDelete
  15. My friend has an amazing box of miracle cures as well. I marveled at how well they seemed to heal an issue I was struggling with because of bug bites. Very interesting information here with great oils.

    ReplyDelete