Monday, June 11, 2018

Summer is here and the kids need something to do!

Yes summer break has arrived and the kids are driving you crazy! Mom I am bored, lets do something! But what ?? So as many of you know this struggle, you need a game plan. Okay now that you have established you need a game plan, what is this game plan ?? If you are anywhere in the Washington, Idaho and even Oregon area make a game plan for Spokane. Why Spokane  you ask?  aside from the culture, the sights the gorgeous waterfalls, what else could be there ? Nestled above the Spokane Falls, and across from Riverfront park is Mobius Science Center and Childrens Museum. There are two different locations, Mobius Science center is right above the falls in its own location on Post Street. Where as Mobius Children's Museum is located inside of the mall! Both the science center and the museum are fun for the entire family! I mean the entire family! We had the opportunity to visit both last week with my myself, D2, the smallest human and my Dad and little sister too!


I am going to start with my review of the Children's Museum. The children's Museum is geared towards the younger children. It if filled with Fun Colors, activities, and is geared to stimulate a child's learning and imagination! With everything from the water table and Bubble room  to the small race track and Dress Up! Camping and Grocery Shopping in between! My personal Favorite Part of Children's Museum was the Bubble Room! They have a few water tables in there filled with the perfect combination of Soapy water to make GIANT Bubbles! the small human loved it! So did his dad. I think this was a favorite of many of the kids there. Again this is geared towards children ages 0  to 8 so If you have older kids be sure to check out the science museum as well! After we where done exploring here, I spoke with the gals working the front desk and they where such a huge help on information! If you have a child who is Autistic this is the place to be! in fact if you have special needs you can even call and work with the Mobius coordinator and they are
willing to work with you on scheduling a time when there are not so many people so that your child will not become over whelmed! Having a great in depth experience with children who land on the Autism scale, I know that a bunch of people can tend to trigger a meltdown. They also have Tons of activities throughout each month aside from the day to day routine! including toddler and me classes and summer camp programs! 








  Next up is the Science Center! So of the two this was by far our favorite! But it may have something to do with the fact that our entire family really loves science! The science center is geared towards older kids and adults. focusing on math and sciences. They had several exhibits all hands on and so much fun! We played with Slime, We raced different types of materials such as steel, wood, carbon fiber. We learned how electricity is produced and distributed. We also learned about money and how its made, how to spot counterfeit bills. We even got to design and build our own noodle building! We got to play with static electricity too! That was fun! From Slime to money, this is hands down going to be our Spokane go to! Again this is fun for the entire family! my dad who is in his 50s to our two year old, Had a blast at both the museum and science center! Me and D2 are already talking about an annual membership!
























You can host a birthday party or just any party at either location!
 You can check out their Prices Here! Science Center Children's Museum

So what are you waiting for ?? If you are in this area go and check them out! Oh also if you are not from the area, go make a weekend of it! If you are staying the night in Spokane show your hotel key card for a discount! Both the museum and Science center is a place you will love!


** Please note that Mobius facilitated this review. We were admitted to both the Science Center and Museum free of charge, however this did not influence my review. My review is my honest and unbiased opinion! I always encourage my readers to try everything for themselves!**







27 comments:

  1. You know we are planning a trip to Oregon and I think we may have to go to Spokane to take our kids there! this looks like bunches of fun! I am glad it is fun for the adults too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh! I am a little nervous for when I have kids and the summer rolls around! My mother threw us all in camp, so when the kids are old enough I would do that for sure - but before hand! YIKES! My sister just enrolled her daughter in PRE-K, so I guess there is that option too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been wanting to go to Oregon for sometime now I have a few friends in Portland and I was telling my friend I wanted to roadtrip, it might be saved for next summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could spend hours in this place. This is one amazing childrens place with lots of fun learning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like one hell of a time you had in there. But most of all i love the kid's hairstyle.. I don't know he just looks too rad in that mohawk :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like so much fun! I am sure you had a great time, and that the kids enjoyed everything!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yesssss we love science museums! Loved seeing they have snakes you can touch too! I have 4 boys so they would have loved that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks like it was so much fun! If I had kids myself, I would take them there for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh the science center looks like a blast! We have one a couple hours from here and my older boys loved it when they were little! I can't wait to take our youngest.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful place to take kids!!! I wish I lived closer so I could take my Grandkids!

    ReplyDelete
  11. They both look like so much fun. My kids would love to go!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have always wanted to take my girl to a science museum. I am sure you all had fun there. I am hopint to take here there this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How fun would it be to hot up all of the Children's museums across the country! I would add this to my list for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like an awesome place to play and learn! We love science museums, they are always so intresting.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That looks like you all really enjoyed yourselves! I am glad the little one had such a blast too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The museum looks so much fun and very interactive to keep the kids interested and occupied.

    ReplyDelete
  17. i think museums are great ideas to get kids out the house this summer. This looks like a fun interactive museum you took your family to!

    ReplyDelete
  18. We love experiences that make learning fun. This looks like a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This looks like such an awesome museum! We have a few, hands-on, science and children's museums here and they are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love museums like this that kids can get hands on with. It definitely gives them something to explore!

    ReplyDelete
  21. thank you for sharing your experiences and suggestions. looks like you guys had a blast and an amazingly fun museum.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I need to check if we have that kind of museums in UK. My son would love it

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow this looks like so much fun! My kids love anything like this where they can explore!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This does like a great way to spend the day. You got a ton of awesome pics.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This looks like so much fun, my kids would love to go to somewhere like this!

    ReplyDelete
  26. That children's museum looks pretty amazing. I know my daughter would love it. We love something like it out here called the science center. So many different things to do.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Looks like some great activities for the kids! I bet they had so much fun. xo, Suzanne

    ReplyDelete