Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Ten Commandments

We have all heard of the Ten Commandments, but what about the Ten Commandments of Marriage. The Ten Commandments tell us how to live our life and individuals but what about what to do when we take vows and live our lives with someone else. We can not possibly change our selves entirely. I mean of course we should not have to if we are marrying the right person.... However just when we live our single life, we should have some basic principals in our marriage. Something we base our marriage around.

The ten commandments. 
1. Thou shalt be selfless
2. Thou shalt have no strings attached
3. Thou shalt continually communicate
4. Thou shalt make conflict thy ally
5. Thou shalt avoid the quicksand of materialism 
6. Thou shalt flee sexual temptation - online and otherwise 
7. Thou shalt forgive thy mate - 490 times and more
8. Thou shalt romance the home 
9. Thou shalt begin again and again
10. Thou shalt build a winning team

So what do all these mean though. Well for me to give the answers would take from the joy of reading the book. So this you will have to find out on your own. you can purchase the book 

This book certainly brought some things in my marriage to light and I can not tell you how much more I think before I speak and how much more I think before I do. This gives some real food for thought! 


** This book was provided  by moody publishers for my review. I did not pay for this book however the opinions expressed here are that of my own. 

19 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this. This is such a beneficial read -- my husband and I are a team!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that it is a book for couples to read. We marry to become one so we both have to work together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are perfect! Marriage is selfless and the two of you should be a team! I know there are ups and downs, but i think it is important to come through it

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have heard of Ed Young but did not know he had this book out. This is definitely a great book to read if you are married or thinking about marriage.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This list must be posted in the couples bedroom for them to be reminded why they got married in the first place. So on point!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great book especially for those newly wed or engaged! I'll have to check this book out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds like an interesting books. Especially for those who are married. I'll check if we have this here at our stores.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such great commandments to live by for married couples. I recently wrote a blog about taking care of each other in a marriage last week. We are a team, and it took a long time to get in sync. We live by these principles, and they work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very important, getting married soon so thanks for this amazing content.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This will make a wonderful gift. It will be perfect for a wedding anniversary. The couple will sure gonna love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a great and wonderful idea for a gift to someone. These are all wonderful books also and great for those who are starting the journey of getting married.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lot time couples do not realized why they have disagreement. I guess by reading this book it helps couples to understand each other better and resolve issues.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's nice to come across a book that's a proponent of marriage. I don't understand why it has become so disposable.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an interesting post! This is a pretty good gift idea, I'd love to hang this up in my house! Thanks for sharing!:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would love to get this book. It's important to remind ourselves sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I totally need to check out this book! It sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lol those are so great. Definitely the forgiving 490 times and more is something we need to remember but so often forget.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I was needing this today. Loved it. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow it’s nice to have something we need to get ready for taking a big step in life... this would be a love gift idea 😊👍🏼

    ReplyDelete