Monday, April 13, 2020

30 day Blog Challenge : Day 1

So I am a little late to this game because the month of April is already over. So Today at 00:02 Blog Challenge Day 1 begins! 

But before I start I want to take time to give credit to a fellow Blogger who started all this. Cha! You can check out her blog out here

Okay Day 1: My Blog Name 

It originally started as Lady Stitches Glitches, however it has recently been changing into something else. Earlier yesterday (4.12.2020) I pulled the trigger and made a slight change to the name itself. I wanted something that stuck to the original one I had but fit the blog better and did not possibly interfere copyrights. So today I unveil Lady Stitch's Reviews. 

So the main way Lady Stitch came about is because Stitch is my road name. For those of you who are not familiar with what a road name is, it is a nickname bestowed upon one person by a fellow biker. However it is not just any nickname like your mama gave you. It is one that great impact or is meaningful. Rather it be a character trait or the reminder of an event. 

Mine was given to me by one of my dearest and closest friends Mama Bear.  These photos where taken the day I was named Stitch. There was a ride our club was about to take from Phoenix AZ to Tuscon AZ. The picture on the left I started with 5 patches that day. My breast patches, The flag, my sisters keeper patch and two support ribbons. ( one for PCOS and one for miscarriage). By the end of the day I left with an Autism Ribbon &  a breast cancer awareness ribbon. In addition to those two I also left with a ribbon to represent Heart attack, Stroke and Brain Aneurysm. Mama bear just laughed at my enthusiasm to have to get a few more patches on my cut. But it was not until we where sitting outside of a gas station on our way back up to phoenix that she decided that was it. Stitch. I gleamed with pride because It was mine and it was individual to just me. Not only that but I thought it suited my personality perfectly and well it did not hurt that I loved Disney's Stitch! So it stuck. From then on out I was Stitch! over time I have added an actual stitch(626) patch to the back of my cut and a few others too! 

But that is not where my blogs name story ends. About six months later I started blogging. I was a stay at home mom ( again after returning to work for a brief period of time) and I was starting to go stir crazy. So my Life Long bestie introduced me to Review blogging. Right away I was hooked but I needed a name that would stick. I wanted some anonymity to not only shield myself but my family. So I rolled with my road name and added Lady and Glitches to it! However it evolved into Working Through Life's Glitches. That happened right around the time my family made the big choice to move to North Idaho. My then, Fiance, was about to make an 1800 mile journey back home to Idaho and our son and I would join him at a later date. So we where learning to make the best of life when it "glitched" so to speak. 

More recently though I have been looking or something simpler. I have been noticing while promoting my blog that typing working.through.lifes.glitches or ladystitchesglitches was both to long and it was straying away from purpose of my blog. 
So in an attempt to simplify my life Lady Stitch's Reviews or even shorter Stitch's Reviews has come to be. It still sticks to my original and unique name but is slightly shorter and easier when promoting! 

So this is where I am going to end Day One. I hope you enjoyed reading about my blogs name journey! 



19 comments:

  1. enjoyed hearing the story behind your blogs name. thanks for sharing. My blog is annies home and is simply that my nickname is annie and I find my blog to be a home of sorts where I can share what is on my mind as well as recipes I try etc...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is wonderful! Drop your link! I love recipes!

      Delete

  2. I also recently worked on my blog name. I changed his destination and job and it was an interesting process to give him complete meaning and communication to my followers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is not easy because you have to go through and change EVERYTHING so that it all lines up but in the end it works better!
      Just like life changes so should certain things in your life.

      Delete
  3. Welcome to the challenge! I started a bit late too but better late than never! I'm really enjoying it. I liked reading about how you received your name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this challenge really is something else. I have never done anything like it! Thank you! I love my road name and since it is something so important to me I wanted to incorporate it into my blog.

      Delete
  4. Nice start. My case was relatively easier in choosing name. I did not get NomadicMoon, hence settled with NomadicMun as it still have that nomad feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool about your blog name. I wish I had put more thought into my blog name

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your blog name. It's catch & easy-to-remember. Mine is something that I've used ever since, way before everyone did blogging. - RUSS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is what I was really aiming for! I wanted something that is memorable!

      Delete
  7. heyy! Im so happy you joined the challenge. and it's good to know where Stitch came from. :) and you are right, it's never too late to join! Keep it up, girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am so glad to be joining in on this challenge with you! It is really helping me see a deeper part of me. It is slightly nerve wracking sharing things like my fears and such with strangers. So that is new! Thank you for the challenge.

      Delete
  8. Love these little challenges! Such a good way to connect with the greater blogging community xx
    - Meghan @ GirlBossStock.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a very fun challenge to try those days as it can be hard not to get bored!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the new name and look to the blog. You did a great job of simplifying things (and it's always a good idea to avoid any potential copyright issues - I know that Disney can be pretty strict when it comes to theirs). I can't wait to see what this new and revamped blog image inspires you to do next!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really do like the look of the blog and the logo. That's good you were able to change the name without fundamentally transforming everything. I think about changing the name now and then. But then I change my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd love to join this challenge but won't my blog look weird knowing that I mainly post about food?.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the inspiration behind it and think that it suits you and your blog well.

    ReplyDelete