Tuesday, April 14, 2020

30 Day Blog Challenge: Day 2

Day Two : Quote you live by. In my case quotes. I have two that I have lived by, but they play hand in hand with one another! 

 The first one is The three C's of life.

                                Choices ✨Chances ✨Changes

The first time I heard this one was from my mom. I do not remember what was being discussed exactly but we where at work when she said it.

The second quote is one by Joseph Campbell. The first time I heard this was on Pretty Little Liars. It was a quote Ezra had read to his class. It rang so true on many levels for me. I had big dreams when I was younger. I was going to join the Army. Then my Senior year of high school that all promptly changed when I broke my leg and ankle. All of my plans went right out the window. I sank into a depression. Then I got into a car accident which broke my hand and slightly fractured my hip. I started taking pain killers and well.... that lead to a me I never want to see again...  Bringing me back to the three C's of life. I made a choice to stop using Narcotic Pain Killers. To this day I do not touch them. I refuse to see that side of me. That choice to make a change led to me meeting the love of my life. I have four great kids and a loving hard working husband because I made choices to change.


 Then the biggest choice of my life would come in 2017. We made the choice to move from Arizona to Idaho. This was the most nerve racking fear of my life. I was so dependent on my family and here I am engaged to my love, with our 18 month old son making a choice to move away from everything I was ever comfortable with. This is where I should say when I was pregnant with our son I was diagnosed with Anxiety. Anxiety which I had likely been living with my whole life, and I just thought I was being dramatic ( because I had always been told I was over dramatic). So for those of you who know what living with Anxiety is like, fear pretty much rules your life... yea.... so this is a huge defining moment in my life where the three C's really take control. If it where not for constantly repeating the three C's to myself I do not think I would have made this move. 

So these are the two Quotes I live by! 



 Go check out Cha and her blog as she is the creator of this 30 day challenge!






10 comments:

  1. These are both very positive and inspiring quotes, thanks for sharing. I'm sorry about life's hardships you've endured but you certainly seem to have come out the other end as a stronger person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very powerful quotes. I love that they are both focused on the power you have to direct your life and where you go. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The hardest thing is letting go of what we think is best for us. But sometimes THAT is what's best for us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so honored with this. Thank you for joining the challenge! I can relate with your quote. Sometimes in life, things go wrong and they divert from what we originally planned to be. However, my belief is, everything happens for the reason. And sometimes, whatever life throws us actually teaches us something. So, let's be open to detours. :) Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had never heard the first quote before, it's a pretty good one! I can understand why it's one of your favourite. Also love the second one, very true!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That second quote describes my life perfectly right now. I never in a million years thought my life would take the turn it did, but here I am, and I'm okay!!!! Thank you for sharing your story.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've always loved both of those quotes. Sometimes when things aren't going great for me i'll look at the second quote.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are such great quotes! I especially love the first one, I had never come across it before.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the quotes you mentioned! And I agree that acceptance is a big key to be able to move on

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are both quote lovely. I think my favorite quote is "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".

    ReplyDelete