Wednesday, April 22, 2020

30 day blog challenge: day 10

As per normal before we get started I am going to direct you to the creator of this challenge. Cha at https://littlemisadvencha.com/


Day 10. Best lesson so far in 2020.

Nothing and I MEAN NOTHING goes as planned! I once heard something somewhere...

If you want to hear God laugh, Tell him your plans. This is so true. I had a plan for 2020. I was going to have our baby in February. He was going to be a girl. I was going to have a natural labor... or at least hold out as long as I could before having an epidural. My labor was going to be an easy one because I had already gone through this so I knew what to expect. I was going to breast feed because my family is not eligible for things like WIC and formula is god awfully expensive. When Baby was two weeks old We where going to travel to Arizona and spend two weeks with my family. We had tickets to the Renaissance Festival, Medieval Times and Jurassic Quest... all of which where for my blog! We had planned a whole 50th anniversary for my grandparents and my baby shower is supposed to follow suit the next day.


Well Just that happened. I told God my plans and he laughed and he laughed hard! We did have our baby Boy ( certainly not a girl) in February. My labor was induced, after two weeks of painful latent labor. I had an epidural 2 hours after they started my pitocin. My Labor was anything but easy. In fact it was terrifying. Between not being able to properly monitor me or baby for hours and then after two weeks of being at 5 cm we assumed it would be hours before he got here. Then within 1 hour I went from a 5 to a 10. boom he was there. Breast feeding did not go as planned ( so here we are 2 months later solely bottle and formula feeding). then goes the travel plans. We made it to Arizona without a hitch. Two days after we got there we got the word that all Restaurants where going to be closed for dine in... That means Medieval Times was out of the plans. Then slowly but surely The Ren. Festival and Jurassic Quest went away too. Then the plans for my grandparents 50th changed ( we still had a party just not as big) and then my baby shower didn't quite go as planned.  But in all honesty Things happen. I know that God had alternative plans, and that is okay. My flight got delayed by 1 extra day so I got a little more time with my family! all in all My year has been eventful and I am okay with it. I am learning that Nothing goes as planned and that is okay!


I hope to see you back for day 11!

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha I agree, it usually seems like things don't work out quite as planned even if you over prepare.

    ReplyDelete