Wednesday, April 15, 2020

30 Day Blog Challenge : Day 3

Day three: 20 Facts about me

I could go on for days about random facts... However I would like to make this challenge meaningful...My goal here is to list facts that are more unique. So here we go

1. I am Old Fashioned but I am also a modern day domesticated working mom. I Can cook, I can Clean, I can sew, somewhat crochet and I can rear children. But I can also work. I am not against working and helping to bring home the bacon!

2. I am a half assed nerd. I love almost all things nerdy and my choices in Fandom range from Disney ( Clearly) to DC and Marvel! However I like what I like and I can probably give you 101 facts about those likes but if you ask me about something in a said fandom that I dont actively follow... I may not be able to tell you much about that.

3. I am a collector. Not a hoarder but a collector of specific things. Such as pop figures. Crochet things, Plants, pictures. if I enjoy it I collect it.

4. I love homemade things and heirloom items. I am a crafter. So is my grandma, great aunt and my mother in law! So I love home made items. I think that something someone puts effort into is priceless. Someone who took the time to make me something is someone wonderful. I would much rather home made over store bought any day. As far as heir loom items that is something else to treasure. A lot of people take that stuff for granted. I have my own baby blankets from when I was young, and recently when I had a our baby I got a lot of hand made items. Blankets, Beanies and even some heirloom items. I got some items that where made by my great great grandmother. That was very special.

5. If I do not write it down in at least 6 places I will forget it. Even then someone will still have to remind me. I am very forgetful. I do not do it purposely but I do. But I have the memory of an Elephant (somewhat). I can remember somethings from before I was walking, and I could give you details of things that happened twenty years ago, however if it is a doctors appointment FORGET IT!

6. I am selfish. Well sometimes. When I want something I will get it, however when I need to buy new jeans, I will not do that.

7. I am addicted to photos.  I love to collect them especially of the ones I love. I do not believe in throwing out pictures. In fact recently I did part with some photos of, but they where of my ex. It was the final thing I had of that person and I just do not need it. That is my past.

8. I am not an optimist, nor a pessimist. I am a realist. I like to think I am a optimist. I am not.

9. I get angry way to easy. I am not abusive, but I am a yeller. This stems from my anxiety and my need to control.

10. Yep I am a controller. Again this is an anxiety thing. If I can not control it, my anxiety spirals.

11. my taste in music is so wide.... I am not talking about I like country and rock. Today I was listening to my spotify playlist and it went from Thomas Rhett, To Five Finger Death Punch, and then to Lincoln Brewster. That is Country, Metal, to christian. It extends beyond that to. I also enjoy 90s and 2000s rap and hip hop.

12. I do not have expensive taste, Except when it comes to Coach. Coach is my weakness. If I could buy a new coach purse at least once a month I would be in heaven... But I can not do that because I am broke white folk! But I still obtain them! I have my ways. Either I buy them used or they are gifted to me ( used of course). I have only ever had one brand new coach and that was the one my husband bought me for Christmas this last year. It was a star wars coach... I loved it!

13. I am Patriotic. Not just the cry at soldiers reuniting with their families patriotic. I am talking the kind of Patriotic where when the National Anthem is sung I cry. When a military member past or present passes I want to go to their funeral ( regardless of if I knew them or not). When I seen the Vietnam Wall I cried. I cried as though Vietnam directly affected me even though I was not born until 15 years after it ended. I grew up in a military family so patriotism is in my blood. When we are at an event where service members are being recognized I watch my husband (OIF and OEF) and grandfather ( Vietnam)  stand up in pride of their service and my heart explodes with pride. I am talking the kind of pride like the first time you hold your baby in your arms kind of pride.

14. I am a God fearin christian. I am also a sinner. I love God, I have faith in him and his plan for me. But I also know with some of my choices I stand a high chance at hell. I am not going to go into this to much in depth, but my choices are between me and God.

15. I am not a huge fan or re watching a lot of movies. There are very few movies I will watch more than once, and even at that there has to be some significant space in time before I will watch those specific ones again.

16. I am a half assed sports fan. I like football, baseball, hockey and racing.... I have my teams and I somewhat track them through the season. Yet I do not like watching many games at home. I do however enjoy watching games in person.

17. I really want to go back to college and get a degree in business. But I refuse to go back until I can pay for classes out of my own pocket. I just finished paying off my school loans from the first three times I dropped out of college. So it may be a while. Maybe one day!

18. I am a procrastinator. I am literally staring at two days worth of dishes because I do not want to get off my lazy ass and do them....

19. If you have not gathered this.... I swear... I try not to but I figure since this 30 day challenge is going to ask real questions about me I might as be as real as I am.

20. I am hopelessly addicted to coffee. I used to take pills ( yep I have had an addiction history) and I used to smoke... mmhmm did that too... and I used to drink more than I should... I have been "sober" from pills for 10 years now. I gave up smoking in 2013. and now when I drink I max out at like 5 or 6 ( and when I do drink that it is like once every 2 or 3 years ) otherwise I drink like maybe 2. So coffee is my vice. It doesn't do much for keeping me awake. I more drink it because I enjoy drinking it!

So there it is. 20 real fact about me... if you want to start this challenge check out Cha at https://littlemisadvencha.com/ and read hers from day one!

18 comments:

  1. I enjoyed getting to know you within your words! I could also have written number 5 and 13 about myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound like a real down-to-earth person that everyone can relate to! I appreciate how genuine and honest you were when choosing your facts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to get to know you. I love 30 day challenges as well. It keeps me motivated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing these. It's lovely to get to know you better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Coffee is a a great vice - much better than the other options! Thanks for sharing a bit of yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also work outside the house but love to keep my house like they did in the olden days I enjoyed reading many other facts about you as well thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fun, I love letting your readers get to know you better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a nice way to get to know you. The 30 day challenge has been a great thing for bloggers to do.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love coffee too. I had three cups today and I am not ashamed. 30 day challenge sounds like tons of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am totally a yeller as well and I'm quick to anger (although quick to calm down as well). Thanks so much for sharing this with all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can agree with so much of this! However when it comes to movies I will watch them over and over... I feel like its the same as reading a book when you go back and re-read (or re-watch) you notice things you didn't before.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cheers to procrastinating! Although, it's not something to be proud of. But, I guess many of us meet at that common area. Hooray to this challenge. Keep it up my dear! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad to know you enjoy sewing too! What have you been crocheting recently? I reckon you are enjoying your time indoors with these many activities.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad to know all this details about you. After reading this, seems you have so many things that can keep you busy and a multitasker as well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a lovely way to get to know you better - super honest, really refreshing to read. I'm a yeller too - but working on it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good to know about you. It is really nice to read. I guess I need to start new blog and shared some details about me.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can relate to being hopelessly addicted to coffee. It helps me get through the work day. Without it i'm not as productive.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a in depth "get to know you" post, it is always nice to get to know the people who's posts you read often, or that you interact with a lot on social media. Thank you for sharing all of this.

    ReplyDelete